• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it possible to keep 4g from turning off so offten?

J.J.302

Lurker
May 29, 2011
Ok so I got my indulge rooted and wifi tethering working. But my 4g drops offten and goes to 1x. On 1x service either on my lap top or I pad is slow. I checked my service area and I'm in the best service area possible. If this is possible can so,e please let me how to do this.

Also I'd like to thank Mike and everyone that has helped to make tethering possible. I own a mechince shop in Florida and need Internet to look up labor times and with the I pad service I was burning up my MB fast. Now I don't even need the AT&T service. So thank you very much for figuring out how to tether this phone.

Hopefully much LOL I just figured out that it will go back to 4g if u just make a phone call. I've done it 2 times now and it seems to work and u don't really have to call anyone just push number and hit call and then hang up and 4g is back I'll try it more and post back if it works every time

Upvote 0
It should do it every time. What that's telling me is you have a weak 4g signal and the phone's dropping it every once in a while.
So when you get off the "phone call", the phone picks up the 4g connection again, but if the signal falls below the threshold again, the phone will drop it off once more. That's one of the ways the 4g radio keeps draining our batteries actually. All that lte on/off/scanning activity keeps it busy way too much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones