• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it possible to listen to voicemails through Bluetooth headset?

peaches75

Aug 25, 2010
This seems so basic so many I'm missing something, but is it possible to listen to voicemail via a Bluetooth headset? When I'm driving and want to check voicemail, I don't want to have to put the headset to my ear (and in CA, it's illegal to do so) and when Bluetooth is enabled, the speakerphone option is disabled.

Thanks!

Thanks, everyone. Yesterday it wasn't working and today it is. Perhaps my headset disconnected and I didn't notice.

I do wish that the speakerphone option would be available when my headset is connected. If I can't find my headset when I'm trying to answer a call, I want to be able to activate speakerphone without first having navigate to a different screen to turn off Bluetooth :(

Upvote 0
Thanks, everyone. Yesterday it wasn't working and today it is. Perhaps my headset disconnected and I didn't notice.

I do wish that the speakerphone option would be available when my headset is connected. If I can't find my headset when I'm trying to answer a call, I want to be able to activate speakerphone without first having navigate to a different screen to turn off Bluetooth :(

ok i'm confused...i thought you wanted to turn on and listen to them via bluetooth??????

you could always put a toggle for bluetooth on your home screen

Upvote 0
ok i'm confused...i thought you wanted to turn on and listen to them via bluetooth??????

you could always put a toggle for bluetooth on your home screen

Yes :), listening to voicemail via bluetooth was my first issue and that turned out to be user error on my part.

The second thing is that I wish the speakerphone option wasn't disabled when BT is on. I do have a toggle on one of my homescreens (one swipe from center), but when the phone is ringing and I can't find my headset, I'd like to be able to just touch "answer" and then touch the speakerphone icon. With the toggle, it adds a couple of touches and I find it difficult to manage when I'm driving or trying to quickly answer a call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones