• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it possible to MMS without text messaging plan?

I don't think so. Verizon requires a data plan with Smartphone activation and I don't think you can get a data plan without text messaging built into it.

Text plans are not included/required with data plans.

You could always use a messaging app that uses your data plan, and not a text plan, to send messages. WhatsApp or PingMe come to mind. Just remember that the person on the other end needs the same app.

Upvote 0
Text plans are not included/required with data plans.

You could always use a messaging app that uses your data plan, and not a text plan, to send messages. WhatsApp or PingMe come to mind. Just remember that the person on the other end needs the same app.
Yeah but that is completely different. I want to MMS them to there phone number... I know some apps can do it like textplus but I want to remain my same Google Voice number or Verizon Number.

Upvote 0
You could just send them an email.

For Verizon numbers:

10digitnumber @ vzwpix.com for mms

10digitnumber @ vtext.com for sms

Yeah, I can confirm that this method works

Here are some more that you can use for Sms depending what network the receiving party is on...
10 digit number plus
@txt.att.net (AT&T)
@tmomail.net (Tmobile)
@myboostmobile.com (Boost)
Sorry didn't see virgin mobile.
Maybe if you find the pix (mms) extension settings for all these carriers you got free unlimited! Pix and text!

Reactions: DirtAddsHP
Upvote 0
Free unlimited text and mms from any email account to cell numbers!!!
If you want people to send you mms they can do it from their phone/email account using the same method, just give them your 10 digit number & the gateway. vzw pix.com
To setup people you mms a lot just save the 10 digit number as their email address, so you only have to input all that once then your set.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones