1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Is it possible to pair a Generic PS3 Controller to Android? Bionic?Support

1. Sewer Dweller

Sewer Dweller Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if it was possible to pair a generic PS3 Controller to Android. I've paired before an OEM PS3 Controller and it worked fine but then I un-rooted the phone, wiped it, and started over. You might ask, why not just use the OEM controller? Well it belongs to my brother and well it belongs to my brother, nuff said there.

I have the SixAxis Pairing Tool and changed the bluetooth address on the controller to match the one on the Bionic. I start the connection on the Bionic, I press the PS button on the Controller and nothing happens. The phone just keeps searching but never manages to find anything regardless of how many times I press the PS button (even though I know once or twice should be enough).

Most guides, if not all guides, are the same. Only difference is OEM vs. Generic.

The controller itself works. I have tested it with some PC games I have on the computer.

Is there something I missed? Something I'm doing wrong?
    Generic won't work on the Bionic?
    Or just accept the fact that the generic controller won't work on Android?

I mean, the controller has bluetooth and I've seen home-built bluetooth controllers work on Android. This controller has bluetooth but I can't get it to work and it's driving me nuts!!! :confused:
    Also, I know it's a Bionic, it's not the newest but it's like cars... you just don't dump your car to the curve after a new one comes out, you stick with it till the wheels fall off.

Someone please help me out...

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

The software on the controller might not be a supported version on the Bionic.
  3. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member

PS3 controllers suck anyways. I used the Wii controller. worked great on my HTC Incredible, haven't actually tried it yet on my bionic.
  4. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

I remember in another forum thread somebody had the same issue. If I can locate it I will post back here.
  5. Sewer Dweller

Sewer Dweller Well-Known Member

I guess the answer is no for this one, unless anyone has different info.