Is it possible to rob features from your phone to use on your pc?

Last Updated:

1. SweetDroid

SweetDroid Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I have not posted much on here but have used this forum to root my phone, and find suitable ROM's and Kernels for me. My question is, is it possible to steal things like your phones gps antenna, or wifi antenna through your usb port for use on a pc. The application is for a carputer, the idea being I get in my car dock my phone and blam, I have net gps and wifi ready to go, and yes I know you can buy all these as peripherals for a pc this is just cooler.

Advertisement
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

You can tether your phone's wifi or cell data to your PC using USB tether, but that's probably about it.

3. SweetDroid

Thanks for the reply, been there done that, got the t-shirt, I figured since you can access that part of the phone why not more? I am not an electronics expert by any means but I was thinking that there may be some way through the usb debugging port? (haha is that even the right word?)

4. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

5. SweetDroid

Interesting, I do have wifi tether, but I am looking more to take android out of the equation and use soley the phones hardware via the usb port, it's just a crazy idea

6. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Got it. I'm not sure I can help you too much with that, but good luck!