1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to root from 2.2 or do I have to reset to 2.1?

Last Updated:

1. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

I have been trying to get my Mez rooted for a while now, with no luck whatsoever. I did a bit of researching, and it seems that the version of Froyo that we have is actually 2.2.1, which is incompatible with Z4Root and Super One Click.

Are there any simple ways of rooting 2.2.1, or am I stuck with doing a factory reset and rooting from 2.1?

If I DO reset to 2.1 and root, can I update to Froyo via Kies Mini again?

Advertisement
  2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

You can root 2.2.1 with SuperOne click. z4Root has not been supported for several months (maybe even a year or longer?) so I would not recommend using it.

I used Super One Click, v 1.9.1. It rooted on the first try.
    Country_Gravy likes this.
  3. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Huh... I have had a bear of a time with S1C. I made sure that I had the Microsoft .net 2.0 installed on my computer, and I did everything else the way they tell you to, but it keeps getting stuck on the "Waiting for device" step.
  4. Country_Gravy

Country_Gravy Well-Known Member

Flash Heinz 57 ROM...It's already rooted.
  5. bigcva82

bigcva82 Member

I used to superoneclick on my showcase whitch is the same as the mesmerize had to turn debuging off thin when it said waiting for device turn it on it worked just fine for me had if you didn't get instruction on turning your debugging on and off go to the step by step root rom for showcase and click the link that's were I got mine
  6. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm always impressed by the run on sentence. This one is a keeper. A run on and it makes no sense, either. Double score!
    Country_Gravy likes this.
  7. eromrab

eromrab New Member

It made sense to me... it just doesn't work. You can't turn on debug mode while already plugged into USB...