is it possible to run a windows app on my samsung captivate?

Last Updated:

1. ftc

ftc New Member This Topic's Starter

sup all. just switched over to the captivate from an iphone 3gs. im liking it so far but i think ive just barely scratched the surface. anyway i was wanting to know if its possible to run a windows application from my laptop on my phone. see im using the laptop for data logging on my car, so i was thinking if its possible to run the app on my phone then i wouldnt need to bring my laptop with me in the car anymore just hook it up to my phone! im thinking it sounds too good to be true, but if there is a way could someone show it to me. thanks everyone.

Advertisement
  2. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hey dude!

Welcome to the forums!

Hmm I know of a dosbox port for android but have never heard of a full fledged OS like XP for example running on top of android....this would be very difficult or close to impossible... i think...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=635310

Hmm let look for you...

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

There is no windows emulator, for either windows full os or windows mobile. However, depending on the program you need to run, you could use 3g and a remote desktop app to run the program remotely.

I have three remote desktop apps, all of them are a bit different: Remote Desktop, LogMeIn, and PhoneMyPC.

4. ftc

ftc New Member This Topic's Starter

thank you for your help. the only thing is that the ecu from the car needs to be plugged into the laptop to receive what sensors are doing what. so im thinking if i plug the cars ecu into my phone and use the remote desktop it wont be able to interpret what is coming in? or am i way off base. thanks

5. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

You would need an Android application and special hardware to do what you are asking. So unless your software vendor comes out with something, no.

6. Sheon

Sheon Member

there are programs like torque that connect to the ob port on ur car via bluetooth but im not sure if thats all u need check out toque in the android market