Is it possible to run out of RAM on the DroidSupport

Last Updated:

1. groovygramma

groovygramma New Member This Topic's Starter

My phone status says I have only 29% RAM left .... is it possible to run out or will the phone warn me before this happens ? ..... is it possible to add more?
    YES ... I"M STUPID when it comes to technology ... that is why I'm here asking you questions .... HELP !!!!:confused:

Advertisement
  2. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

The Android OS is designed so that it will handle memory fairly well. What this means for you is, as you are using your phone, lets say for example you have the browser open and are reading a webpage. If the Droid starts to get low on memory it will look at everything in your memory currently. It will clear some memory based on what you are not or have not been using lately. The browser is in the forefront of the memory beause you are currently using it, so it will not get closed. If you had the youtube app yesterday but haven't touched it since then and it is still running, the Android OS knows you don't have a reason for it to be open. It will clear whatever it decides is not important. In other words, your phones got your back :)

EDIT: Occasionally you may get a force close message. I'm guessing this has something to do w/ RAM but idk. I wouldn't count on your phone just cutting off when it runs out of ram. You may get a force close message and have to close the app that is having a problem though.