1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is it possible to suppress the message: "Your phone is fully charged. Please remove the charger"?Support

1. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

Is there any way to have the screen ON, but NOT receive this message?

For those of us who use the Epic in a dock as a bedside alarm clock at night, this message is a major PITA.

I know it can be suppressed with the screen off, but I need to suppress it with the screen ON.

When I roll over at 3AM, I need to know what time it is, not that my battery is fully charged!! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. jonra

jonra Active Member

Same issue here... alarm going off at 7AM and I have to click through this message every time. Kind of annoying despite being a relatively small issue.

Also... does anyone know for sure if it is bad for the battery to leave it charging like this? Someone here posted that it kills the batteries, even though I was under the impression that most batteries these days stop charging after full (or most devices stop charging the battery that is).
  3. marvinrock

marvinrock Well-Known Member

anyone?
    bump?
  4. zetterwing

zetterwing Active Member

5. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

didn't give me any menu options after doing the first *# number, hitting home, entering 2nd *# number. Just did nothing.
  6. zetterwing

zetterwing Active Member

I had the same issue...don't know why. I can use many of the other codes listed further down in the post so I'm not sure if this actually works on the Epic. I believe it was originally posted in the Fascinate section. I just remembered that "some" Epic users said it worked. Has to be a way to do it just might need a different code.

One note is that I've seen "hidden menu" in my process history so I have accessed it but likely it is a description of other menus I've used like phone/battery info (*#4636*1111#). I know the shutdown code works and pops up an option to enable/disable because I personally have used it.