1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

is it possible to unlock the droid 2 and put a virgin mobile account on it?

1. kbrant05

kbrant05 New Member

Is it possible to unlock the Droid 2? I keep finding everyone talking about the Droid 2 global and idk how to do the original Droid 2 I need help please

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF.com! This is a Virgin Mobile carrier related question so I'm moving it to the Virgin Mobile sub-forum.
  3. insertusername

insertusername Well-Known Member

First of all, the Droid 2 (which operates on VZW) is a CDMA smartphone (just as Virgin Mobile). Basically, with CDMA, the phone has a code that is sent to the carrier and the carrier activates the phone on their side.

In other words, CDMA phones are specific to carrier and cannot be changed or unlocked like GSM phones. The only way you could do this is by changing the ESN of the phone (which is illegal) and hard to do.

So to answer your question, no. The phone cannot be used on VM