1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is it possible to use a phone as a booster?Support

1. mk_aldatym

mk_aldatym New Member

Hi I'm a new Android user, yaaaay, Desire HD :)

I just wanted to know: I figured out how to teether, right, now I was wandering if I can use my phone as booster. Can teether my mobile on using wi-fi internet instead of my data plan? Stupid question, i know but I have my reasons lol

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Not out of the box, the only way to tether is using the phones data connection. I suppose the reasoning behind it is that why they wouldn't expect you to need to use it as a WiFi hotspot if there was a wireless router nearby. I can understand it would be handy as a booster though.

All the apps on the market appear to do the same; they use the 3G connection as opposed to WiFi.
  3. Besadl

Besadl New Member

If you want to usb tether your phone whilst using it's wifi connection for data this is perfectly feasible straight from the box :D I have done it many a time with no problems :)

To do so turn mobile data off, connect to wifi network on your phone, then set your phone to usb tethering.
    El Presidente likes this.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I didn't realise that use the WiFi, I presumed it used the 3G as well, thanks. :)
  5. Besadl

Besadl New Member

Your welcome :) I only found it worked due to sheer laziness of not wanting to find out and type a 32digit wpa key into my laptop round a friends house :cool: