Is It possible

Last Updated:

1. servicepoint

servicepoint Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone tell me how to remove / change / delete email details on the Hero. I'd like to start again from the begining putting in the details as its not working. Also my push gmail isn't working either!
    I've searched all the threads for help but found nothing, literally driving me crazy, feel like going back to my old phone.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I'm almost sure to change the gmail account the phone is tied into requires a full rest wiping all the data. Think its to do with security.

Are you just wanting to change it because gmail isnt working?

3. servicepoint

Gmail appears to work.
    Push gmail only seems to work occassionally, not sure if I have the sync options correct (number of days to sync?).Should this be sync all?

Mainly I had tried to link an orange email address and it hasn't worked as I can't access the server apparently, now just want to delete it completely.

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Just to make sure, you are using the gmail app right? Not the mail app?

5. servicepoint

How do i know if its the gmail app, is that the small red/white envelope (googlemail), if so then yes thats what I'm using. In the Labels I now have them all as Sync All. still nothing!

6. david83

david83 Well-Known Member

i dont see any options in the gmail app itself to delete an account. try going into the stock htc mail app. menu/accounts list and select the account. then go menu/settings and down at the bottom is the option to delete. - Try this and see if it is reflected in the gmail app.

a good widget to use in conjunction with the gmail app is 'gmail unread count' available on the marketplace.