Is it really a bad idea to run an Task/APP Killer?Support

Last Updated:

1. TommyMac

TommyMac Active Member This Topic's Starter

can someone please tell me why? , like today Blockbuster app started popping up? why? anyway a killer would be one click instead of a search into Applications.

Advertisement
  2. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

I use auto task manager, works great.

3. TommyMac

TommyMac Active Member This Topic's Starter

I thought it was okay but people are now telling me that's a bad idea? :confused:

4. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Try it for yourself and make your own decision.

5. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

running a task killer is not a problem in most cases. that being said android does a pretty good job of managing tasks. and with the cpu and ram that the DX has it is really not a problem. so an outside task manager is not really needed. but if you feel better using one go for it. ;)

6. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

It's not a problem to use ATK as long as you disable Auto Kill Level. Auto kill is what messes things up and also affects battery life.

7. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

If you kill blockbuster, it'll just start back up. Like most of the crapware.

8. zandroidx

zandroidx Well-Known Member

9. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

That autokiller just made my phone go crazy, force closed widget locker, keep bringing up the lock screen while I was scrolling apps, my phone shut off, when it was restarted it shutdown again then went to recovery the next boot. Then it was had to navigate to the market to uninstall because of the lock screen and the screen going dim after about 2 seconds. I have OTA 2.2 rooted and deodexed guess maybe the OTA update doesn't like it much.

I installed the autostart but its not showing up onmy phone. When I open it from the notification bar it takes me to the market and says installed,and "open" can't be used, so how do I run the program to set it up? I hope I can get this to work and to speed up my phone cause it lags all the time since I did the OTA 2.2 update and can't use a task killer

10. baberz

baberz Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem running my advanced task killer. It works great and saves me some battery.

11. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

I like your signature, and yes advanced task killer is a great app when used right.