is it really that hard or am i really that dumb?Support

Last Updated:

1. doublezo

doublezo Member This Topic's Starter

ringtones, notifiers, why is this so complicated? ive downloaded ringtones, great. they go to my music folder, yep found them. is there a ringtone folder, i havent found it. ive searched and searched on how to make folders. its very confusing. ive made a folder but cannot move the downloaded ringtone to it. im totally confused. its day four with the incredible. comming from a bb. ringtones and bb's were a breeze. i would like to find a guide for complete idiots on how to do this because i sure feel like one. help..

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Create a folder called "ringtones" on your sd card. Put music (or clips) you want to use as ringtones in the newly created folder.

Try using Astro to create the folder and move the song.

OR

Try using ringdroid to create ringtones, it'll automatically create the folder for you and move the tones to the appropriate place.

3. drkeng

drkeng Well-Known Member

just got my incredible today. would I be better off using mac w/ itunes or pc with mp3's in my music to use with ringdroid?

do I use the micro SD adapter to transfer the mp3's from my computer to the card?

how does ringdroid create a ringtone folder on the micro SD?

I, too, feel kind of dumb.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

It's all about setting up the SD card with Android. Make a folder called "Ringtones" and make another folder called "Notifications". When an app requires one of the above items, it should include the files within those folders as available options.