Is it really unlimited?

Last Updated:

1. plainbrad

plainbrad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm thinking about getting the Evo (or Epic) but i live in an area that does not have 4G and will probably not have it for a while. I am fine with that.

I have heard some rumors about the $10/month fee that comes with these phones and I wanted to confirm them with actual users. Is the following true:

Advertisement
  2. djrottweiler

djrottweiler Well-Known Member

I am sitting at over 6 gigs this month I do not have the hotspot to tether wireless but I tether through a cable. I have not had any extra charges... Lets hope it stays this way

3. mmuscaro

mmuscaro Member

yes it is unlimited. the unlimited also includes all the sprint appz too. no extra fees with your extra $10. plus, there are other programs out there to bypass the extra fee for wireless tethering.

4. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

Like pdanet and easytether ;)

and i have had no charges either. I also live in a non 4g :( Stupid that phoenix doesnt have it or will anytime soon

5. privraac

privraac Active Member

PDA Net and Easy Tether are not for wirreless hotspots, they only work with wired tethering.

6. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

Good catch! forgot about that, but instead of paying for home internet you can pay either of these programs one time and have it : )

7. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

hey james... just wondering why you keep saying there is no 4G in Phx anytime soon?? please tell..

8. antianalog

antianalog Active Member

the built in wifi app will cost you extra, but android 2.2 includes usb tethering--which allows you to tether your data connection via the usb cable. i always have my phone plugged in when i'm tethering to charge my battery, but if it's a problem there are plenty of apps that will do wifi tether for free.

9. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

It's unlimited and not throttled. I've done over 10GB in a month with no issues or extra cost.