Is it true can't get exchange server email w/o Corp data?Support

Last Updated:

1. reisb

reisb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had BB Storm and simply added my exchange server email by just entering my username and password.

I am trying on SF and keep getting an error even after entering domain, server, etc.

Does this only work on Android phones with Corp email data added? And if so, I've read many problems with getting emails via exchange. Don't want to spend $15/month, but at least want it to work if i do.

Are there any 3rd party programs that will run exchange emails?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. skipster

skipster Well-Known Member

I use nitrodesk touchdown... Love it...

3. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

Yes you can, i was suckerd in to paying this fee for a while when i had my incredible, i cancelled that, but I wasstill able to connect to my exchange server from my Incredible and also with Samsung Fascinate without paying this "fee", they say its some firewall setting which is bull.

4. reisb

So how'd you do it?

5. bezerk19

Well it all depends on your corporate exchange configurations, but for my case it was fairly simple

Incoming settings:
    Domain\username --> enter the domain of your corporate network\username you use to login to your account

Password --> you know what that is

Exchange Server --> this may be your problem, check with your IT department for this normally it may be, webmail.domain.com
    I have both check marks enabled (use secure connection SSL and Accept all SSL certificates)

If you still can't get it to work, double check with your IT department and make sure they have remote exchange capabilities enabled, that may be your problem.

Good luck, if you need anything else let me know.

6. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

I've always been able to use Corporate Exchange email on a variety of phones with the standard data plan.

YMMV, obviously, and I can't really speak to your Exchange settings. But mine was as simple as entering the server, domain, username, and password.

Heck, the Fascinate is graciously buggy enough to not properly enforce the server-side password. Which I'm fine with, I hated having to enter that thing (read: bypass it with an app) all the time on my Incredible.

7. reisb

I think the problem is in our server. I google'd push technology on MS Exchange 2003. Says it needs SP2 and to be configured for remote devices. They are looking into it today.

Meantime, I'm trying out Touchdown. Got it working where I can send/receive emails, but it has to be set on check every hour (minute, 4 hours, or whichever I choose) since push tech is not working. Kind of a pain, but at least I get them now. If we can get push working on our server, I will purchase the license or try SF email app again. Otherwise...not sure what i'll do.

Weird thing on Touchdown, I have it set not to poll during off peak hours (peak is 8-6) but it still checked. Then stopped checking around 9pm I think. Maybe it's only going off of West Coast times?

8. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

Make sure your server is running activesync for exchange. That was our issue.

9. bezerk19

It shouldn't be too bad to configure the server to allow remote access, I like using the default Exchange email in the Fascinate (as with other phones) I like the ability that it syncs my Calendar and Email (Automatic - Push, or 5, 10, 1hour, etc...) intervals. I don't recall correctly, but I believe after my Incredible got the 2.2 update, it had peak hours you can configure, which was really convenient.

10. mrfascinateme

mrfascinateme Member

I just got my company to buy me a facsinate for from their perspective the sole purpose of having access to my echange server.. Several other people in my company have Blackberries and Droids accessing the exchange remotely so it should be able to work fine.. but it's not. Basically it lets me set it up but when I click on the account it's just a black screen with a blue bar at the top. Also, no emails go in or out.

My IT guy spent two hours on the phone with a Verizon Tech then a Samsung Tech and they couldn't figure it out.. I'm so bummed because I love the phone but unless I figure out they are going to return it for some shitty blackberry.

I saw somewhere some claim where there is a glitch that screws up authentication when there are certain characters in the password: Samsung Fascinate Internal Problems List Leaks | Mobile Phone Blog but not sure if that's what's going on here.. my password does have two @'s.

Please help me figure this out, I love this phone.

First time poster so forgive any cultural misgivings..

11. mrfascinateme

mrfascinateme Member

is it possible that it's the syncing issue i've read about, meaning that nothing is showing up because i havent waited 4 or 5 hours or more to see it? even the initial emails that should be in there or that should leave my outbox?

I just did whatever little little update was available on my phone but don't think that's going to help..

man f this phone, i don't want a bberry!

12. mrfascinateme

mrfascinateme Member

next i'm going to try doing it with nitrodesk touchdown and see if that makes a difference..

13. mrfascinateme

mrfascinateme Member

Also, does this mean anything to you:

Checking Certificate