• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it true the slide is faster than the vibrant?

When you say faster, are you referring to browsing speed or overall performance of the phone?

Both phones stock, the Slide is the faster of the two in terms of interface navigating. HTC did a good job of making it very snappy right out of the box.

Samsung on the other hand made some mistakes, and without root or a home replacement, it isn't quite as snappy as the Slide.

That being said, an update is in the works which should address some of the lag issues, making the Vibrant as fast as it should be. On paper, the Vibrant is a much better device, but it has some tweaks that need to be addressed.

I can't comment on browser speed though... I don't seem to have a problem with my Vibrant.

Upvote 0
How would browsing speed be faster? They are on the same network and they are receiving the same data/information. Not only that, the Vibrant has a 1ghz Processor, whereas the slide only has 600mhz. The vibrant has a little lag at first, but there is a lag fix that makes the phone fly! Just look at these benchmark scores, my phone is faster than most other people's phones and almost as fast as the HTC Glacier. (The HTC Glacier gets 2500+ scores with a 1.2ghz proccesor, I get 2000+ plus with my 1ghz, and if I overclocked I bet I could get way higher than the HTC Glacier!)

And if that isn't enough to convince you, well the Super Amoled screen playing Avatar will definitely convince you!

Get the Vibrant, you won't be sorry!

Upvote 0
How would browsing speed be faster? They are on the same network and they are receiving the same data/information. Not only that, the Vibrant has a 1ghz Processor, whereas the slide only has 600mhz. The vibrant has a little lag at first, but there is a lag fix that makes the phone fly! Just look at these benchmark scores, my phone is faster than most other people's phones and almost as fast as the HTC Glacier. (The HTC Glacier gets 2500+ scores with a 1.2ghz proccesor, I get 2000+ plus with my 1ghz, and if I overclocked I bet I could get way higher than the HTC Glacier!)

And if that isn't enough to convince you, well the Super Amoled screen playing Avatar will definitely convince you!

Get the Vibrant, you won't be sorry!

Where did you find out the quadrant scrores for the Glacier? Is the Glacier on 2.2?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones