Is it true the slide is faster than the vibrant?

Last Updated:

1. lmyamen

lmyamen Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have read a couple of people on here say that the Slide is faster than the vibrant. That the slide's browser is actually faster? Is that true? I would of thought the vibrant would be faster? Im having trouble deciding what phone to buy next.

Advertisement
  2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

When you say faster, are you referring to browsing speed or overall performance of the phone?

Both phones stock, the Slide is the faster of the two in terms of interface navigating. HTC did a good job of making it very snappy right out of the box.

Samsung on the other hand made some mistakes, and without root or a home replacement, it isn't quite as snappy as the Slide.

That being said, an update is in the works which should address some of the lag issues, making the Vibrant as fast as it should be. On paper, the Vibrant is a much better device, but it has some tweaks that need to be addressed.

I can't comment on browser speed though... I don't seem to have a problem with my Vibrant.

3. nickdog670

nickdog670 Well-Known Member

How would browsing speed be faster? They are on the same network and they are receiving the same data/information. Not only that, the Vibrant has a 1ghz Processor, whereas the slide only has 600mhz. The vibrant has a little lag at first, but there is a lag fix that makes the phone fly! Just look at these benchmark scores, my phone is faster than most other people's phones and almost as fast as the HTC Glacier. (The HTC Glacier gets 2500+ scores with a 1.2ghz proccesor, I get 2000+ plus with my 1ghz, and if I overclocked I bet I could get way higher than the HTC Glacier!)
    [​IMG]

And if that isn't enough to convince you, well the Super Amoled screen playing Avatar will definitely convince you!

Get the Vibrant, you won't be sorry!

4. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

In regards to graphics performance, the slide has a "trick" because its screen is at a lower resolution and so it can 'paint' the screen faster, even though its graphics is less then.

5. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

I've had both and didn't see a difference in them on browsing speed using stock browsers.

6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Where did you find out the quadrant scrores for the Glacier? Is the Glacier on 2.2?

7. nickdog670

nickdog670 Well-Known Member

8. lmyamen

lmyamen Active Member This Topic's Starter

I bought the Vibrant today and have not looked back