1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is it true?General

1. July03

July03 Well-Known Member

I heard this phone (lg Bryce) is coming to metro around October. Is it true?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Silvist

Silvist Well-Known Member

I actually was told by a boss of mine its coming August. I see on howard forums they claim its sept/oct, but according to what I saw on metro intranet that's just the release day for the package that includes the movie. No idea what movie is going to be attached to it. I'm really looking forward to this phone, I'll keep you posted.
  3. SwervFusion

SwervFusion Member

Hmmm.. I just got my indulge 2 days ago, with (purposely) NO talk time on it ... yeah..I think its going back.
  4. pooh19

pooh19 Member

the phones going to be called the LG esteem.
    But yea i saw the release date for Sept. 23th as well...
    Any news on the pricee?
    July03 likes this.
  5. polywood223

polywood223 Well-Known Member

I heard the 26 th
    July03 likes this.
  6. polywood223

But I definetly will be upgrading to that it will be awesome no root for tether no Shitty battery life that I know of
    July03 likes this.
  7. SwervFusion

SwervFusion Member

After reading the LG Revolution (Verizon) forums I think they have issues with the battery as well. My understanding is ALL LTE phones have bad battery life.

The good news is LG already sells an extended battery and cover for it .. I don't see why at the very least that battery wouldn't be compatible with this phone.
    July03 likes this.
  8. Silvist

Silvist Well-Known Member

I've seen no evidence that states the release date is September except Howard forums. All other sites pretty much refer to Howard forums, which is known to be rumors land. All I found in regard to it passing FCC was here:

LG MS910 Bryce stops by the FCC, will be launched by MetroPCS Unwired View

Though again I've looked at articles inside metro, because I work for them and there's no info about it being September. I trust my boss when he said August, because it was the same thing with the Samsung Indulge and it showed up eariler than what Howard forums on March 18th.
    July03 likes this.
  9. July03

July03 Well-Known Member

Silvist, any new info???

Does anyone know anything new about it?

I mean so far i've been reading about the lg revolution which supposedly is what the lg bryce is gonna be, generally speaking. But I read that the battery sucks. I mean, currently i have the optimus, and i love it, but my friend got the indulge and he has to charge it like twice a day...

do you guys think that this phone will be able to play games like nova or modern combat, cause the optimus can't really play anything good lol...
  10. July03

July03 Well-Known Member

Oh and about the price: I personally think it's still to early for that (could be wrong) but it's prob gonna be from 250-350.

OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!
  11. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

or $399 like the indulge was...:cool:
  12. polywood223

I heard 450$
  13. TRS-80

TRS-80 Well-Known Member

Wow, this phone has it's own forum already.

13! 13! Ooh! Post 13!

lolz
  14. leakforyou

leakforyou New Member

Good Things are coming to this forum, lol Jajajaj just stay tune.... :cool:
  15. Ty9able

Ty9able New Member

Ok so is this phone coming out in august or what?
  16. MetroDes

MetroDes New Member

I for one, can't wait until I get my hands on this phone.
  17. July03

July03 Well-Known Member

Do you guys think this phone will be able to play good games like Nova and modern combat cause right now I have the lg optimistic and I can't play any good games
  18. July03

July03 Well-Known Member

I meant optimus. Damn auto correct LOL
  19. MetroDes

MetroDes New Member

Definitely, I mean this phone does have a second gen snapdragon processor just like its LG Revolution counterpart, so I don't see why not. look you LG revolution reviews on youtube, you should be able to find all the info you need there.
  20. tmoore4261

tmoore4261 Active Member

Looks like September 26:

LG Esteem for MetroPCS Now Set for September 26th Launch | PhoneNews.com

No price yet, I'd like to see more details and I wonder how is Metro's 4G service is it better than the previous? That's what made me switch to VM, I couldn't get a signal at home when I had Metro, but this phone, if the service is at least comparable to VM's, I would switch back.
  21. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

Your boss was wrong. Sept 26 as confirmed by Metro employees in that other forum. :) I'm a member of both, I post on both. No need to bash another forum that provides good information. This forum, AndroidForums, does seem to attract members that provide more in-depth technical information, such as rooting and custom roms. But the other forum has a lot MetroPCS employees with real knowledge.

And the Samsung Indulge -- the world's first LTE Android -- was released Feb 9, 2011 after being rumored to be released mid-Feb. So, a few days early to try to beat Verizon releasing their first LTE (which ended up being delayed another month). So, not sure where you get the March 18 date? :confused:

$379.

As for Metro's LTE coverage, they are in the midst of "Phase II" build out which will completely overlay their CDMA map. Originally when they launched their network last year, they only put LTE transmitters on the 100 busiest cell towers in each market. 14 markets, so that's 1400 cell towers. That was "Phase I" -- launching the LTE network. Phase II will be putting LTE signal on all 11,000 cell towers.

MetroPCS details LTE buildout plans for 2011, open to LightSquared - FierceWireless

MetroPCS details LTE buildout plans for 2011
    September 22, 2010
    Then, when Phase 1 was finally complete (with Tampa), Metro reiterated their plans for Phase 2:

http://connectedplanetonline.com/3g4...ootprint-0401/

They had said Phase II would be complete by the end of 2011, but now looks like early 2012.
    The Korben Dallas likes this.
  22. mystifire2

mystifire2 Well-Known Member

Nice sources
  23. tripdoc79

tripdoc79 Well-Known Member

i got my money set aside for the esteem.. at 379.. which is what ive seen in several places.. im all over it.. finally.. i can use FLASH.. lol.. makes it worth having a smartphone.. lol and with 4 gigs of internal space.. no more need for sd-ext lol.. now for rom building...
  24. latinmazda

latinmazda Member

Lol I guess your boss was wrong lol its now september so definately mid september beginning of october
  25. latinmazda

latinmazda Member

and its going to have an option for 4g hotspot but supposibly it will void your warranty according to the corporate guy I had an hour conversation said and I got to see it very nice