Is it Vista My Hero or Both!?

Last Updated:

1. Chaastring

Chaastring Active Member This Topic's Starter

okay so I go to plug my phone into my computer and mount it and then I get a message on my computer asking do I want to scan the driver, When I click yes it does nothing, and then When I go to my computer to click my Hero Vista wont let me it says please insert a disk. If I click Continue without scanning I am able to get into the Hero. Whats going on here?

Advertisement
  2. PGR

PGR Well-Known Member

I believe Vista is asking if you want it to scan for a driver.

There's a folder on the SD card which came in the Hero named HTC Sync and in that folder is a file called HTCSync.exe. Copy that file to your desktop or somewhere you can find it and run it. That will install the HTCSync app and your computer should quit asking you if you want to scan for a driver. You can delete the HTCSync.exe file from your computer once the program has been installed and you'll still have the choice whether to use HTC Sync or just mount the drive when you connect the Hero to your computer.

Pete

3. Chaastring

Chaastring Active Member This Topic's Starter

I tried that & still no luck. What if I were to just delete the device from my computer as if I never plugged it up before. Does anyone know how to do that?

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

just say "Don't scan" and go on your merry way.