Is it wise to leave the phone plugged in?Support

Last Updated:

1. shaahinjjj

shaahinjjj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I've heard that today's batteries' health depends on how many cycles they have gone through, and considering this it should be wise to leave the phone plugged in while fully charged and under heavy use. This way you will delay the cycle and get a "healthier" battery. This was just MY theory and I was not too sure about it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Advertisement
  2. cyberkamote

cyberkamote Well-Known Member

i have the same question running on my mind, there seems to be varying opinions on this one ever since mobile devices came out...hope to hear some of them here :)

3. JohnShepherd

JohnShepherd Well-Known Member

I'm a bit unsure as well. The guy at Carphone Warehouse told me NOT to leave it plugged in all the time...so for now I'm just charging it fully, and then deplete it completely. Gonna do that for a few cycles cause my phone is only 3 days old.

I've also tried the whole "charge fully, switch off and charge another hour, start up for 2min and then switch it off before charging it another hour" thing and it seems to work...it lasts longer with every cycle :)

4. Burrid

Burrid Well-Known Member

I could search you a post where it is explained or I could give you the short answer.

Yes it is wise, it's even good.

5. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member

lithium ion batteries (most portable electonrics this side of about the year 2001) should be plugged in as much as possible.

Other types, particularly Ni-Ca should be charged fully, disconnected, run completely flat, repeat.

Most things today are Li ion though.