Is it worth installing a Generic Rom on my Hero/G2

Last Updated:

1. jonsmith709

jonsmith709 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, just a quick question to all Droid connoisseurs, I have a HTC Hero/G2 T mobile unlocked as i am using a Vodafone sim. Is it worth in stalling HTC Hero's generic Rom onto my phone as t-mobile splash screen etc is annoying and will i be able to directly update future firmware from HTC once i have done this ? sorry if this is a newbie question but we have start some were.....Cheers in advance:):):)

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Unless you have rooted the phone, you won't be able to install anything other than an offical T-Mobile ROM, which will have the boot screen you mention.

In my opinion, rooting isn't worth the hassle if all you want to do is change the boot screen.

3. jonsmith709

jonsmith709 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that, we now have three Hero's in the house as my son and wife also have them, I gave my son the g2 and i got the unbranded one. Now I am looking forward to the 2.1 firmware update, although think the wife and son will be a bit jealous because think they will have to wait a little while longer for the update....Muhahaha:p