• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it worth it?

skpd

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2010
I was just wondering if I should attempt to exchange my EVO now that Best Buy has them in stock.

I have version 0002 and have two minor issues:

1. the back battery cover is not flush on one side
2. the bottom of screen by the capacitive buttons flexes up and down slightly when pressed and I feel it a bit raised (flush with the bezel) compared to the top where I can actually feel the bezel above the screen.

I know, I'm pretty anal but still I paid good money for this and I would like a near perfect unit out of the box if possible.

at the same time I am realistic and hesitant to try to replace it since my battery is pretty good compared to others and I do not have other major issues others have had and I could run the risk of getting an even worst unit then this maybe if I try to return this one.

what do you all think? is it worth the trouble to try to get another one or should I just keep this? thanks

I was just wondering if I should attempt to exchange my EVO now that Best Buy has them in stock.

I have version 0002 and have two minor issues:

1. the back battery cover is not flush on one side
2. the bottom of screen by the capacitive buttons flexes up and down slightly when pressed and I feel it a bit raised (flush with the bezel) compared to the top where I can actually feel the bezel above the screen.

I know, I'm pretty anal but still I paid good money for this and I would like a near perfect unit out of the box if possible.

at the same time I am realistic and hesitant to try to replace it since my battery is pretty good compared to others and I do not have other major issues others have had and I could run the risk of getting an even worst unit then this maybe if I try to return this one.

what do you all think? is it worth the trouble to try to get another one or should I just keep this? thanks

I would get it replaced for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones