is it worth it?

Last Updated:

1. sk8skanj

sk8skanj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

waiting for this to come to Verizon? My contract is up tomorrow and the Droid looks pretty good to me.

I only want to wait because I don't need a physical keyboard and because of the N1s snapdragon processor. The multitouch issues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sOlWVCAqwo) I'm seeing compared to the Droid are a little disappointing. But also I don't like how thick the Droid is with a case, so I'm not sure if I want to risk that.

Advertisement
  2. techobsessive

techobsessive Well-Known Member

Im with you on this one. Droid is looking tempting.

3. Faber

Faber Active Member

I've not had any multi-touch issues. If you play a lot of games you might experience them more, though?

4. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

It's easy for the issues to be hidden when using it for normal everyday stuff--pinch to zoom. It becomes apparent when you use it for games requiring multitouch.

5. omeyga

omeyga Well-Known Member

I've seen 3 Nexus One's now and all 3 have horrible calibration issues (including mine)....most bug ridden phone i've ever used.

6. QrafTee

Hard to believe Google--a software company--would let this thing out into the wild with its name on it.

7. amarakvati

amarakvati Active Member

Maybe you should wait to see if the bugs are fixed by the time it's released on Verizon.

8. CyberDroid

CyberDroid Well-Known Member

Returning mine as we speak and will likely get it on Verizon. Despite coverage map showing decent coverage, actual performance on data and voice was poor. Worked great on Wifi. Still, I did not have bugs to report on. Just service related issues with the carrier.

9. omeyga

omeyga Well-Known Member

So you haven't even experienced any of the known and documented bugs/glitches? You must have the only true "superphone".

10. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

What glitches are these apart from screen calibration issues?

Btw, fairly positive the calibration is software related. Custom ROMs give me much less trouble with the screen.

11. eriku16

eriku16 Active Member

We have three N1's here, the oldest being almost two months and alll them have none of these issues.

12. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

My phone displays only the poor reception issue (where covering the base reduces signal level). However it's not only this phone, the Hero did this where I live, reception is also poor on my BB and was on iPhone when I had one. When I'm in a strong signal area, the N1 is fine.

Other than that it works brilliantly and has survived a big drop.

13. QrafTee

Must be a lucky batch... more likely you haven't noticed the axis flipping issues yet. Many people can't tell during "normal" everyday activities.

14. Faber

Faber Active Member

I've had very few issues and all of the issues I've had were software.

15. BigTimeNexusFan

BigTimeNexusFan Well-Known Member

So far, no major issues here. Had it a month and the only issue was that it locked up twice during that month. Turned it off then on and back in business. Pinch to zoom works great. Coverage on Tmobile is good in my area of Virginia so no issues there with 3g. Great phone for me so far.

16. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

These threads are a joke. This phone works and gets better with every update and app port (from iphone). Get a droid over the N1. Yeah.. great idea.

17. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing lol I can honestly say this is the best phone i've ever owned and I never thought I would say that about any other phone after owning iphone. I would definitely wait instead of getting a droid. Heck i'd switch to t-mobile if your in the 3g coverage you'll save some money and won't have to wait.