Is it worth it?

Last Updated:

1. Calmor

Calmor Member This Topic's Starter

I have a G1 and have had it since launch on T-Mobile. Recently I see that I can get an EVO from Newegg.com.

Now, Would it be worth canceling my plan (which is aobut 90 a month) on T-mobile to go to Sprint? I know there's no 4g around here but is the 3g still up to par for Sprint? Also does anyone know the cheapest plan on Sprint that the Evo can be tied to and how much it would be with the data plan?

Advertisement
  2. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

$200 with 2 year contract, Everything Data 450, 69.99 + $10/mo premium

3G everywhere.

If you're asking if it's worth it, you should realize you're in an Evo forum. Yes, it is.

3. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

I know this does not address your question, but if the Nexus 1 was available on Sprint, I would rather have the N1 as opposed to the EVO, but that is just me.

4. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Broke my contract with Tmob (I had a g1 too) had a great family plan, but I was sick of my g1 and they ran me away when they went with the H2D. I have no regrets. But that's me.

Sprint has a 30 try before you commit. Worse case you hate it and give it back get your $$ back. Best case you love it and switch.

Calmor likes this.
  5. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

What T-mobile plan are you on that is costing you $90/mo?! :(

6. Calmor

Calmor Member This Topic's Starter

600 min + data

7. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

You should be paying about 80 after taxes and everything (assuming you can't find a discount) for 450 minutes, but chances are you'll never ever use all those minutes. Those plans come with free mobile-mobile with any carrier, so you'd only be charged for landlines.