1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Is it worth trying again?

1. bn002

bn002 New Member

I have been upgrade eligible on Sprint since December, but am at a crossroads. My current phone, the Epic 4g causes me nothing but trouble. Dropping calls, lag, random resets, dropped navigation, worthless keyboard, etc. After my problems with my Epic, I was without a doubt going to buy an iPhone and happily toss the Epic in a lake. I love customizing and hate the idea of Apple OS and iTunes, but want stability and a product that always works.

I keep putting off the switch as I see all the features of the Galaxy 3 and with the 4 on the way, I am so tempted to try Samsung again.

Is the Galaxy a quality device or do the features just make you live with the problems?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

I just got my gs3 coming from an epic touch, it's a major improvement by far.

Way too many details to get into. But if your comfortable signing a 2 year, it's worth it in my opinion.

That's unless you want to wait until s4's launch day and pay probably $299 or more for that one.

But just within the short 3 days I've had mine, had 0 problems with it.

Definitely consider a durable case, easy to drop.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I'd wait for the S4 if you can, but we don't know when that will be available yet. (Should be announced mid march)
  4. DragonSlayer95

I'm interested in seeing what the s4 brings aside from a larger display obviously, I'm guessing 5.1". possibly 2.5-3g of ram (nearly useless since the current 2g is more than enough.)

10-12mp camera maybe? That's be cool

Haven't heard anything lately on KLP so it'll probably come with 4.2.1, maybe 4.2.2

16/32/64gb variants as usual.

2300-2500mh battery? Sweet

Would it be worth waiting out and shelling 300 minimum probably subsidized? Not to me at all.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Were only 2 weeks away, so ill hold off on speculating specs/prices/availability ;)

The next android release should be at google I/O, which is sometime in May I believe
  6. DragonSlayer95

Well the only reason I say it's not worth wasting an upgrade on, it can do nearly everything, except cause a nuclear war, which s4 will probably be able to do :D :vroam:
  7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

moved to *Samsung Galaxy S3* forum.

FIFY
    DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  8. DragonSlayer95

Oops yep that's what I meant :rolleyes: