Is Jelly Bean still on schedule?General

1. berryracer

berryracer Well-Known Member

Are we gonna get it on the 29th of August or what?

I live in Dubai, my carrier is du , and I have the international SG3

Advertisement
  2. ndh777

ndh777 Well-Known Member

According to all of the articles on the net...yes. You are still on schedule to receive your update come August 29th. Enjoy :)

-from envious American Sprint user lol
    abrawner and berryracer like this.
  3. berryracer

berryracer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the confirmation buddy :)
    ndh777 likes this.
  4. chillibean

chillibean Well-Known Member

Don't necessarily expect it on the 29th. I had the s2 and it was about a month after and I had the generic international version.
    There will be sites that offer it before, like sammobile, if you can't wait
  5. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Well-Known Member

im on jellybean now
  6. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Samsung usually get updates out before everyone else, but they do miss their own deadlines.

I hope it's august 29th but I won't get it until O2 does what they do with it.
  7. Houndofhell

Houndofhell Member

Any idea how long O2 usually spend on these kind of things?
  8. matttye

They took about a month to release the last minor update which added the brightness slider to the notification bar :(
  9. What happens to the new S3? I'm going to get an S3 soon and I'm anxious to get a JB update as well. Will the new one come with JB already?
  10. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It took them about 6 months to roll out froyo to the desire.... agony.

29th is when they start to roll out unbranded international. This process will take a month or two as they can't do all phones at once.... its just not possible

I imagine it to be upto 6 months before all branded int'l handsets are upgraded...
  11. matttye

Eek :( Don't think there's actually a lot of work involved, I think the carriers just have a "what's in it for us" mentality about updates. They'd rather we buy a new phone to get the latest OS.

I flashed an unbranded ROM to get the brightness slider notification bar update but it broke copy and paste, so I'm a bit dubious about doing it again. I will if O2 takes ages though. :D
  12. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The thing with o2 is that they have their own Radio version so you need to ensure you still have it or replace it...

I'm on 3 now and they're as bad if not worse than o2 for updates. Rooted though so not relevant
  13. matttye

I'm gunna move to 3 when my contract is up I think, have 3 on my iPad and they have an awesome data network.

Yeah rooting and custom ROMs are the way to go if you want any kind of timely updates I think :D
  14. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

My phone is still stock branded firmware and the copy/paste is broken, so I doubt thats what happened with yours ! Could just be coincidence.
  15. rynlpin

rynlpin Well-Known Member

O2 are terrible with firmware updates. We're talking MONTHS after the official release do they finally roll it out.
  16. bupolo

bupolo Well-Known Member

So what's the estimate for Sprint to roll out a GS3 Jelly Bean update?

I'm pretty excited about the update based mostly on my understanding that you will no longer need an internet connection to do voice recognition, which should make anything voice-to-text based (read S-Voice, texting/emailing) much faster!
  17. pseudoware

pseudoware Well-Known Member

18. donmeca2020

donmeca2020 Well-Known Member

so i see this thread is directed more towards the international crowd, but when well us U.S GS3 owners be getting jellybean then?
  19. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Well-Known Member

sprint gs3 will get in in march .......
  20. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Lol...by the time Jellybean reaches my at&t GS3, I'll have already been through the next iphone, the next HTC One series phone, and the next Nexus. That's how much faith I have in Samsung and Google to push this out in a timely fashion.
  21. Funnyusername

Funnyusername Well-Known Member

I think that is a pretty ignorant statement. We have never heard rumors this soon before about any OS change. I think everyone is making an extra push to roll out JB much faster then anything in the past.
  22. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I think its pretty ignorant to call someones post ignorant, especially when...

A- Its a joke
    B- How long have you been around Android? Most of us who have been around for a while and have lived through the painful world of say the Samsung Fascinate and a slew of other phones are pretty much just like ...yea whatever, when the update comes, it comes.
    C- And yes, I'll probably be onto another phone by then because I do switch phones pretty often.

Word of advice, don't call other members ignorant...its not polite or cool.
    Araxen, razer and EarlyMon like this.
  23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Please be polite. ;) :)
  24. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

Is Samsung to blame if the American variants get the update late? I thought it was a carrier issue, not sure though. For the International one, if they release it tomorrow as rumoured, they would be the first company to roll out the update, beside Google with its Nexus line of phones and tablets.
  25. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Hands up those with unbranded international S3's that will firing up Kies tomorrow and pressing the update button every 5 minutes :). I'll be at work but as soon as I get home......