Is Jelly Bean still on schedule?General

1. Eryl Flynn

Eryl Flynn Well-Known Member

I think this pretty much nails down where the issue for updates comes from. The carrier.

Unbranded gets update with in months. Every one else tack another 6+ on. Not hard to see it is the carriers holding it up.
  2. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread & checking for an OTA update, not a fan of the Kies software at all so that'll be a last resort
  3. Blenc1

Blenc1 Well-Known Member

Is JB really going to be with us the UK tomorrow as rumoured?
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

What phone are you speaking about?
  5. Blenc1

Blenc1 Well-Known Member

6. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

For the International variant, yes, it should be, unless you have a carrier branded one, for which you either wait (who knows how long) or just flash a stock unbranded firmware. For the latter case, just wait for the firmware to be available on SamMobile.
  7. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

Me! I don't know why I want it, and I'm sure I don't need it, but that's not going to stop me :)
  8. ebonybranch

ebonybranch Well-Known Member

Does anyone know whether JB fixes the MTP/ OSX incompatability issue?
  9. Blenc1

Blenc1 Well-Known Member

Cheers
  10. nlsthzn

nlsthzn Well-Known Member

11. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

12. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Not me as I have an O2 branded phone, but I'll be watching the tech sites!
  13. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Similar threads were merged, discuss on!
    berryracer likes this.
  14. tilk23

tilk23 Well-Known Member

I had an international unbranded S2 and the updates were released by region. I waited about a month an a half for ICS from the official release date. My region was XEF which is France. So Samsung will probably push it out the same way. From what I can remember some UK regions got it first.
  15. gogators

gogators Active Member

The update starts for international ones first.. Carriers hv not approved it yet
  16. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

Subscribed.
  17. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

With Sprint there is no telling. Hopefully by the end of the year. I'm hoping for sometime around Thanksgiving. I just hope Sprint does not make us wait pass the end of the year.
  18. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

You can download the offline content for voice recognition

I can't find the setting right now, but there's also a flashable zip you can flash if youre rooted. Check what's available for your device.
  19. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

Where?
  20. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I know there's a flashable zip for my device for it. Id be very suprised if it wasn't on yours as well
  21. famousKing

famousKing Member

wow i did not know carriers take that long for an update my Siii is rooted so hopefully i can get it early
  22. chillibean

chillibean Well-Known Member

I'm on a generic handset like my s2 was. The generic s2 got ics after some of the carriers which was mad but it wad actually 3 that got it first in the uk if I remember correctly.
  23. /
  24. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Yep. By region, in batches. So there will be several released scheduled for UK or XX (however Samsung manage it).
  25. Max_Headroom

Max_Headroom Well-Known Member

Excuse my ignorance but how exactly do we get JB ?