1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is Jelly Bean still on schedule?General

1. berryracer

berryracer Well-Known Member

Indeed mate, don't waste your time

I was tempted by some positive comments on the XDA forums that this latest Omega18 is stable since its based on the latest leak but it didn't last more than 10 minutes without a crash
  2. berryracer

this is bad news though, it means its no where near the final release :(
  3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Can't comment on the leaked version but official must be ready as the they had S3s on show with fully working Jelly bean at the Vodafone Germany booth at IFA 2012.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean: Hands On [4G LTE]

Wouldn't be on show like that unless ready. Must be just working out release schedule.
    davoid likes this.
  4. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

I'm getting antsy for JB myself. I have CM10 on my Epic Touch and since the latest release that's actually stable, I hardly look at my S3. Tempted to root my S3 too, but was hoping for an official leak with touchwhiz on top so I can keep my motion features and not have two phones with the same thing on them. I am a touchwhiz fan.
  5. berryracer

I really hope so man. The leaks have been very disappointing and unstable...one leak after the other
  6. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

not entirely understanding this update is it only coming out for south Korea and w/e this month? when is us getting it?
  7. hbryder

hbryder Well-Known Member

If that's the case it might be this first time in History Tmobile releases it before anyone else :D
  8. donmeca2020

donmeca2020 Well-Known Member

i have a feeling now its going to be awhile..... everyone on the other side of the pond got it. why wont they confirm a date for the U.S ?
  9. berryracer

I have the international version and I live in Dubai I didn't receive JB update so you're not the only one :(
  10. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

Actually, I don't think anyone received the update. SamMobiles posted today about a new "more stable" leaked firmware, not anything officially released.
  11. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Far as I'm aware it's not been officially released, international version UK here.
  12. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

@BynoUK, yeah, you're right. Nothing official, just as always, leaked versions. They say, though, that the new leaked firmware is much more stable and most of the issues seems to be solved. Let's hope they finalize and release a stable update.
  13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Had a scare! Looged onto PC and this popped up!

[​IMG]

Nearly sh*t myself - yes here it is JB I thought!!!.

But no such luck. When I click on the popup and open Kies it still says I have latest firmware and setting\about device\software upgrade gives no joy either.

ah well exiting while it lasted :(
  14. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Well-Known Member

Leaks are the only versions out right now. Running JB XXDLI2 and it is very stable. I expect a final version very soon based on this build. International version will come first and then you will be at the mercy of your carriers after that. You can always use Odin and avoid your carrier.
  15. berryracer

Relax dude, JB won't enable your phone to cook you dinner...I tried it for 10 mins. nothing special really, I see no diff. other than maybe it is 5% smoother when moving between one home screen and the other

just my 2 cents

no need to stress yourself so much about it :)
    clmtgr21 likes this.
  16. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Installed DLi1 last night and it is very nice. No more waiting :)
  17. Funnyusername

Funnyusername Well-Known Member

Google Now.
  18. Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle Well-Known Member

You know you can install Google now from xda. Had it for almost a month. Don't even use it anymore.
  19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I'm guessing we will have an official launch on 12th September!
  20. drewbarnes

drewbarnes New Member

21. NYYFan

NYYFan Well-Known Member

Heh, that would be hilarious.

So whats up with this update above, is it legit? Work on all US carriers?
  22. drewbarnes

drewbarnes New Member

I don't know anyone on Bell that it has worked for let alone other (AT&T) versions.

Odd though because it is listed on SamMobile so I figured it would be legit?
  23. pseudoware

pseudoware Well-Known Member

I installed a port of the Bell Canada leak on my AT&T S3. Works well. :)

[​IMG]