• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Jelly Bean still on schedule?

Upvote 0
When you purchase a top of the range phone that hasn't been out too long, you expect to get the latest updates.

If this is your thinking you will be disappointed no matter which phone you get. Only the Nexus phones get fast updates. Have followed HTC and now Samsung phones, the Manufactures do not have the same opinion you do about updates.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
October?!!

Who was the person that started Aug 29 rumors. I want his head on the chopping block NOW.

This is why you shouldn't believe internet rumors are gospel and should take them with a grain of salt.

I'd bet that that Samsung had no intention of even mentioning the GS3's Jelly Bean update on the August 31st event until the internet rumor started cycling about it. It was clearly their event for the Galaxy Note 2.

Even an October release would be well ahead of most devices to get JB. I'm happy with that.

Upvote 0
If this is your thinking you will be disappointed no matter which phone you get. Only the Nexus phones get fast updates. Have followed HTC and now Samsung phones, the Manufactures do not have the same opinion you do about updates.

I never said straight away, I meant eventually.

If I purchased the S3 I expect to eventually get JB, and maybe KLP too later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones