Is kickstand leather case scratching Droid X?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. brucefan42

brucefan42 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a replacement X because of a mic issue and I was surprised to find that my old Droid X had several scratches and worn areas on the metal case that frames the screen. My X had been (safely, I thought) wrapped in the leather case sold by Verizon ever since I bought it. Is anyone else having this issue with the case? I am reluctant to put the case on my new (refurbished) X which is in "like new" condition.

Advertisement
  2. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

I recall someone else having this same problem a day or two after the Droid X launch with the leather case. Put me off getting one right away.

3. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Most cases are capable of scratching your phone. It's very difficult to design a case that won't let ANYTHING into the case, and if anything gets in there, it will scratch/rub the phone. If the case has some movement on the phone (common with leather cases), it'll scratch/rub.

The ideal case would be a hard plastic shell with close tolerances that would have only a couple contact points with the phone, and some bumpers on the inside that hold the case off of the phone.

I run my phone naked.

4. brandonmg99

brandonmg99 Well-Known Member

I have it and its pretty scratched up on the edges. Makes me mad cuz I bought it for protection and its only scratching it up. If it didn't stay together so well when I drop it I would consider it a waste of money

5. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

does yours still have clear tape on the inside. Do you have a screen protector?

I take mine apart occasionally (weekly maybe) to clean it from pocket lint and the like. yes I carry my phone in my pocket when I walk places and such.

I also just like to clean it occasionally as I use it caseless from time to time.

Great catch and point though, as the top of the case doesn't hav protective film and is a bit rough on the edges.

6. brucefan42

brucefan42 New Member This Topic's Starter

Yes. I still have the clear tape on the inside. I wasn't sure if that was suppose to be removed or not. As it turns out, I haven't been using the case since I got the replacement and it is flawless after a couple of weeks in my pocket.

7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I have no scratches.

8. brandonmg99

brandonmg99 Well-Known Member

mine broke last week. the clip on the bottom doesnt latch anymore. i used to love how well it all locked. probably because ive taken it off so many times to do battery pulls. i cant leave it alone for more than a day and im still new to all of this rooting stuff.