• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Launcher Pro Plus faster/smoother than ADW?

I believe that until we can get Blur completely removed, any aftermarket launcher can lag a bit at times. I have ADW, LP and Zeam currently installed on my X. Main reason is to frankly see which one I prefer. I've been running ADW as my main launcher for a couple months now (with the Sense theme). So far, ADW still is a it snappier than LP or Zeam. I also like how you can control the bounce of scrolling, etc with ADW. The only think I dislike about ADW on my X is that when I try to put a shortcut to one of my screens, it can take 10 to 30 seconds before it opens up the drawer to choose which shortcut I want. LP and ZEAM don't have this same issue. Strange. Overall though ADW is still a tad snappier IMHO.

Upvote 0
I guess everyone has different results. I often switch back and forth, but I'm currently using LPP+ because I love the scrolling and customizable dock icons, swipe feature and the Friends widget, however it can be a bit laggy and will freeze and/or force close on occasion. ADW just runs "slicker" on my phone. There's usually no lag and I LOVE the swipe up to hide/show the status bar and the swipe down to pull the notification curtain down. It's more of a joy to use on my phone than LPP+.

Upvote 0
I've been back and forth between LPP and ADW several times now. I love a lot of the features of LPP especially the dock and the Facebook Widget. I keep leaving LPP due to a lot more Force Closes, lagginess, widgets loading slowly and a significantly less battery life than when I have ADW and this is all compared using the same widgets, etc, on the screens when trying each.
The last time I left LPP, at the end of the day it was showing up as using 27% of my battery and even with the extended battery I was not getting more than a day. Back to ADW and I'm back to getting 2 days and it's consistently showing up as using 3-5% of my battery at the end of the day.
My compromise was to do homeswitcher and cut LPP down to 2 pages with the Facebook widget on the default page and that's it. ADW is my primary but thanks to Homeswitcher, all I have to do to get to the Facebook app is press home, LPP and there it is!
I know my experience is not the norm but I went back and force installing and uninstalling and setting up all my screens 3 times and got the same results each time on 2 different DX phones.

Upvote 0
I've come to the conclusion that they both lag. After time, they both have the home screen reload problem. I'm learning to live without them. I became dependent on these launchers. So its been hard not having all the features, but I like function over beauty, and I cant stress enough how my DX has run much more faster, and stable just using the stock Froyo launcher found on the Apex ROM.

If you return to your home screen, and have to wait on icons/widgets to pop up, these launchers are the cause. They aren't as perfect as most people would have you believe.

My LPP homescreens lagged when I had System Panel installed.

I uninstalled it and there is occasionally a slight lag, but virtually unnoticeable as compared to when I had System Panel installed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones