• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is left front facing camera good on phones or right ?

My phone died yesterday and i'm very sad about it, and i decided to buy Xiaomi HongMi for €149 . Anyway, front facing camera is on the left and on my old phone was right, i find it pretty odd, and i'd like to know, is photo orientation going to be same or what ? In example, when i took selfie with my phone, my hair which is Jim Root style (similar), it's on the right, and when i take a photo with this new phone, will it be in same direction or opposite ? Sorry if you didn't understood but i just want to know. Thanks !

Position of the front-facing or selfie camera makes no difference if the images are flipped L-to-R or not. There's usually a setting in the camera app for that. mirror image mode it might be called.

This was taken in Russia, but it's not really Cyrillic.
1402231023207.jpg

EDIT

Xiaomi HongMi? It's usually called Redmi for the international market. HongMi what they call them in mainland China. Are you buying an international or a China version? Although "hong" actually means "red" in Chinese.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Position of the front-facing or selfie camera makes no difference if the images are flipped L-to-R or not. There's usually a setting in the camera app for that. mirror image mode it might be called.

View attachment 107570

EDIT

Xiaomi HongMi? It's usually called Redmi for the international market. HongMi what they call them in mainland China. Are you buying an international or a China version? Although "hong" actually means "red" in Chinese.

HongMi , International.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

View attachment 107570

EDIT

Is that you?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Yes, that's Mike (have you not visited the selfie thread ;)?).

And the only difference between the camera being on the left or right of the speaker is that it's been moved a couple of cm sidewards. That's it - it's just the same as if you move your hand fractionally sidewards, nothing else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones