Is 'Locale' a good program?General

Last Updated:

1. GatorsUF

GatorsUF Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just read an article on Locale and they said it is a must have. It allows you to automatically connect to WiFi while at home or work to supposedly save battery. It also can auto silent/vibrate your phone depending on where you are or who is calling. Among lots of other options.

Now I am wondering if it actually saves battery or uses more because it is always running and changing stuff...

Advertisement
  2. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

I bought it due to all of the positive reviews the day I bought my Incredible. I used it for about a week and uninstalled it. I tried reinstalling it for about a another week not long ago, but I still don't like it. I've found that:

1. The GPS isn't accurate enough to actually work well. I've tried making the circle for the coordinates bigger than should need to be and it still isn't accurate. (example: I had it set to turn my ringer off in church, it kept turning it off and on. I received a text in church and it said "Droid" loudly. Pretty embarrassing.)

2. It DRAINS the battery. On a power challenged device like the Incredible, locale is not a good choice.

3. With all the widgets and the power control bar widget that comes standard on the Incredible, it's really not necessary.

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I just remember to hit the Wifi button on the power widget. Then, I have Wifi Status (free) installed. It puts a little icon in the notification bar anytime Wifi is on but you're not connected to a network. A reminder to turn it off, pretty much. I'm usually good about remembering to turn if off as I walk out the door, but Wifi Status has my back.

euph_22 likes this.
  4. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I think it was a lot better several versions ago. I know my brother used it on his g1 back when it was free, and doesn't now.

5. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip! Installing as I type.

6. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

i would get "settings profile" instead. Its pretty accurate (I use the gps) and alot cheaper.