• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is mp3 Ringtone Maker legal?

Stryker395

Lurker
Oct 17, 2012
I searched this out and couldn't find a decent answer. It seems that it might search public domains and download the song to your phone where you can then edit it and set as a ringtone. It just seemed a little shady to me that you could download an entire song.

Should I be concerned that the riaa or whoever would say that I'm doing something illegal? I certainly have no intention of downloading full free songs to listen to. I just want ringtones.

If it's illegal why is it on google play? Thanks

"Ringtone Maker is free app creates ringtone, alarms, and notifications from MP3, WAV,AAC/MP4, 3GPP/AMR files you load onto your phone through the SD card or that you purchase through the Amazon MP3 store."

Ringtone Maker will handle MP3s etc on your phone. How you get them onto your phone is where the RIAA would be interested in speaking with you.

So, anything you purchase(d) or currently have is reasonable to use with this product as long as it is for personal and non-commercial usage.

Reactions: AngryHatter
Upvote 0
"Ringtone Maker is free app creates ringtone, alarms, and notifications from MP3, WAV,AAC/MP4, 3GPP/AMR files you load onto your phone through the SD card or that you purchase through the Amazon MP3 store."

Ringtone Maker will handle MP3s etc on your phone. How you get them onto your phone is where the RIAA would be interested in speaking with you.

So, anything you purchase(d) or currently have is reasonable to use with this product as long as it is for personal and non-commercial usage.

True. Or you could just use Audacity and not worry about it.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones