dozer5900 Well-Known Member

My phone dived for about 1/4 of a second down the toilet -___-
    this is what i did step by step.
    I grabbed the phone dryed it with a towel
    Remove battery
    dip in dry rice to suck all the moist
    leave it on the sun screen facing down
    now its on rice again.
    *No I haven't turned it on; I dont wanna risk it short circuiting the motherboard*

what are the chances its still alive?

Advertisement
  2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon VIP Member

Get some of those moisture packs(ya know like in beef jerky-you keep the packs and send me the jerky;):thumbup:)
    Wait at least a few days before attempting to turn it on-fingers crossed for ya:)
  3. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

Pretty good. I would leave it in rice till it completely dries off.
  4. dozer5900

no screen damage only problem is that my sim card is wrecked. Am I screwed?

I found my phone I previously had lost and got a replacement. The phone I lost was blacklisted, now that i found it can I unblock it?
  5. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

the esteem has a dedicated "simm" card. one per phone... but i think ive read mixed revies about corprate store being able to replace them or reprogram to your phone or something to that nature. i would call metro and see what they say. *IF* they can do something for you it will *probally* cost you. best of luck.
  6. dozer5900

Hey bro i went to an authorized dealer and they took my phone, removed the generic sim lol, sprayed it with cold air, placed a new one, programed it on my face and it worked, but the problem is that speakers got ruined. Is there a way to remove them from my old one and replace them?
  7. gbiggie

If your inclined always a way to replace the speaker(first esteem I had it went-returned it before they did refirb;))
    They sprayed cold air on your face :confused:
  8. dozer5900

Lol sorry i was so excited they fixed it i didn't reread what i wrote. i ment to say they spray my phone and programed it while i was watching. some companies tend to do things in the back. why i don't know why. hey what can i do with my blacklisted phone i found?
  9. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

my daughter actually dropped my wife's phone in the toilet today... :/ she actually seen on youtube about vacuuming the water out... so after pulling the battery she vacuumed it for about 10min or so and pulled ALOT of water out. now its in a bag of rice till Sunday... hopefully the simm is ok. i think the phone will be fine but im kinda worried about the simm...

any luck on getting the speakers to work in case hers doesn't?
  10. gbiggie

Once summerged...ehhh..sounds good to wait a few days cor sure.:thumbup:
  11. Mrkline006

Mrkline006 Member

I had a phone that went in a pool twice, and still worked. Just soak it in the rice for long as you can. THrow hair dryer on it, just make sure its AS DRY as possible. and then hope for the best lol