• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my baby Esteem going to be fine lol

My phone dived for about 1/4 of a second down the toilet -___-
this is what i did step by step.
I grabbed the phone dryed it with a towel
Remove battery
dip in dry rice to suck all the moist
leave it on the sun screen facing down
now its on rice again.
*No I haven't turned it on; I dont wanna risk it short circuiting the motherboard*

what are the chances its still alive?

My phone dived for about 1/4 of a second down the toilet -___-
this is what i did step by step.
I grabbed the phone dryed it with a towel
Remove battery
dip in dry rice to suck all the moist
leave it on the sun screen facing down
now its on rice again.
*No I haven't turned it on; I dont wanna risk it short circuiting the motherboard*

what are the chances its still alive?

Get some of those moisture packs(ya know like in beef jerky-you keep the packs and send me the jerky;):thumbup:)
Wait at least a few days before attempting to turn it on-fingers crossed for ya:)

Upvote 0
Hey bro i went to an authorized dealer and they took my phone, removed the generic sim lol, sprayed it with cold air, placed a new one, programed it on my face and it worked, but the problem is that speakers got ruined. Is there a way to remove them from my old one and replace them?
If your inclined always a way to replace the speaker(first esteem I had it went-returned it before they did refirb;))
They sprayed cold air on your face :thinking:

Upvote 0
my daughter actually dropped my wife's phone in the toilet today... :/ she actually seen on youtube about vacuuming the water out... so after pulling the battery she vacuumed it for about 10min or so and pulled ALOT of water out. now its in a bag of rice till Sunday... hopefully the simm is ok. i think the phone will be fine but im kinda worried about the simm...

any luck on getting the speakers to work in case hers doesn't?

Upvote 0
my daughter actually dropped my wife's phone in the toilet today... :/ she actually seen on youtube about vacuuming the water out... so after pulling the battery she vacuumed it for about 10min or so and pulled ALOT of water out. now its in a bag of rice till Sunday... hopefully the simm is ok. i think the phone will be fine but im kinda worried about the simm...

any luck on getting the speakers to work in case hers doesn't?

Once summerged...ehhh..sounds good to wait a few days cor sure.:thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones