Is my battery dead?

Last Updated:

1. qwertyman123

qwertyman123 Member This Topic's Starter

After searching through numerous posts about bad battery life, I still am having issues.

So far, I have:
    -Lowered the brightness all the way
    -Taken the Sync off
    -Turned off GPS/WiFi/Bluetooth
    -Let battery drain all the way down and then charge it.

Still, however, my battery is draining very quickly with moderate use. In fact, when it is in standby and locked (screen off, no activity), it still drains at an incredible rate.

Is my battery fried?

Advertisement
  2. Newton1221

Newton1221 Member

yeah, i browse the internet all day on 3G, play sega genesis and gameboy, download apps, text, make calls, and maybe by the end of the day it MIGHT down to about 20%, if your not getting stellar battery life then i would take it back, mine is sooo good, way better than any other phone i've had when doing things like internet and games

3. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

You might want to get the app task killer, and see what is eating the battery up.

4. qwertyman123

qwertyman123 Member This Topic's Starter

i do have task killer and kill my apps often, also i check my battery usage and it says display takes up WAY more than half of the drainage which isnt surprising but its just surprising HOW low it gets

5. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

I would have to say, bring the phone back and see if that takes care of the problem. I can go all day on a full charge, but do have to kill apps throughout the day to get that.