• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my battery defective?

Pay919

Lurker
Nov 8, 2010
I've had the captivate for about a week now and I haven't noticed much improvement on the battery life. I have discharged/recharged the battery a few times and nothing much has changed.

The main issue is that overnight, the phone will go from 100% charge to 75/80% charge. I only have wifi on; bluetooth, gps, sync are all off. I also kill all applications except for a battery status notifier and the sms application.
I have noticed, though, that when I sometimes open the task manager I find applications that are open, which I have never touched (ex. music player, video player). Could this be the problem and how would I fix this.

Any help is appreciated cause at this point I have trouble making it through one whole day with the phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones