Is my battery defective?General

Last Updated:

1. lewisqic

lewisqic Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Just wanted to get some opinions here about my battery performance to help determine if it's defective and to see if I should return the phone for a new one.

Whenever I charge my phone, it gets all the way up to 100% (obviously), but after I unplug the phone the battery will drop down to around a 90% charge level 5 minutes after unplugging it. And that's with no usage at all. I simply unplug it, turn off the screen, and stick it in my pocket. Mobile network is enabled, but bluetooth, wifi, and gps are all off and I don't have any crazy apps running that are draining the battery.

Within an hour (with little or no use), the battery will then usually be in the 75% range, sometimes a little lower. I don't think I've made it past 11 or 12 hours yet without the battery dying, even though my usage is pretty light.

Any ideas on what is going on? Do you think the battery is just a junky one or is this normal behavior for the phone?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

I have this problem too and was wondering the SAME thing! That and my battery gets hot. I think I have a defective phone/battery :(

3. hankhenry87

hankhenry87 Banned

Theres a known bug that drops the battery meter to 93% within minutes for SOME. im on my second phone, its uptime was 45 minutes and the battery level was already in the yellow. Such BS. Im charging it a few more times, but im pretty sure this phone is going back. Guess maybe ill start a motorola thread for upcoming phones. HTC has screwed me to many times

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

LOL too funny. Do some reading, you'll find the answers you seek. I'm tired of posting the same info day after day after day. I've posted it at least 20 times in this section alone. Do abit of research and you'll find it. If not just check my previous posts, its been a few days since i bothered posting the info, but you'll find it if you look hard enough.

It never ends :/

5. livspop

livspop Well-Known Member

I find it strange that some people simply refuse to believe that there are battery or charge-capacity problems with this phone. Yes, there are things you can definitely do to somewhat improve performance, however to look at the sheer number of people reporting poor performance AND the same bugs (100 to 93 with little or no use, for example) and pawn it off on "newbs" or "whiners" or to make comments like "it never ends" insults the intelligence of people who have legitimate issues. Just my .02....

And btw I have used Seidio batteries for over 5 years and they are the best batteries on the market IMHO. Again, just my personal experience and another viewpoint....

6. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Some peoples kids!

7. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Did you charge the phone while it's on? I used to have this problem, charging the phone while it's on, then it would drop to 95% after I have unplugged.
    I notice it wouldn't do that after I start charging my phone when it's off.