• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is my beloved GNEX dying??

Webelos8

Dec 1, 2010
NE OH
Hello everyone..
I have my VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which generally speaking I loved up until a couple of months ago.

Now, it sporadically sends text messages, never sends picture messages (they get locked in "Sending" mode and I never know if they go out or not), apps are continually stopping--"Unfortunately, xxxAPP has stopped" Or "xxxAPP is not responding, do you want to close it? Wait/No/OK" and the latest issue is that the clocks on the front of the phone will sometimes be out of sync (the widget on the screen and the system clock, with the system clock being up to several minutes behind)--after I get a message that the actual process "SYSTEM" has crashed.
Generally the performance has decreased, sometimes I will miss calls because the screen stays blank (black) and I can't see who's calling, and darn if I know how to answer without swiping the screen.
Switching between apps is a nightmare any more.
Also I get random restarts while in the middle of tasks. I'm doing something, the screen goes blank, then I get the animated colorful "X" startup logo.

Everything is stock, and I did a factory reset because of these issues not too long ago..it didn't help.

Help?
Thanks..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones