• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my charger port broken? Please help!

Satasonic

Lurker
Aug 10, 2013
Ok guys, what I have here is a Galaxy 3, six months old, never took a fall (maybe just once), been cared for... Anyway- never had problems.

A couple of days ago however, to my horror, issues started to pop up out of nowhere. My biggest issue is- that when I plug the charger to the wall, it charges for 2-3 seconds, before it stops. If I play with the charger, I can get it to charge, but it charges very, very slow.

Ive tried this charger with different phones, and it works.

Whats baffling however, is that how NO other chargers work, including a galaxy 2, and several over android phone chargers, except my friend's galaxy 4 charger. From what I see, there is no difference in the chargers, so why is that happening?

PS. It takes a lot of time to connect the phone to the PC as well, and it connects only after fiddling around with cables.

Anyway, please help! thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones