Is my charger port broken? Please help!Support

Last Updated: 2013-08-14 17:35:19
  1. Satasonic

Satasonic New Member

Ok guys, what I have here is a Galaxy 3, six months old, never took a fall (maybe just once), been cared for... Anyway- never had problems.

A couple of days ago however, to my horror, issues started to pop up out of nowhere. My biggest issue is- that when I plug the charger to the wall, it charges for 2-3 seconds, before it stops. If I play with the charger, I can get it to charge, but it charges very, very slow.

Ive tried this charger with different phones, and it works.

Whats baffling however, is that how NO other chargers work, including a galaxy 2, and several over android phone chargers, except my friend's galaxy 4 charger. From what I see, there is no difference in the chargers, so why is that happening?

PS. It takes a lot of time to connect the phone to the PC as well, and it connects only after fiddling around with cables.

Anyway, please help! thanks!

Advertisement
  2. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

It could be bad cables or a bad USB port on the phone.
    scary alien and Samsung Use i like this.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, Satasonic!
    Have you tried an air duster or small q-tip to see if there's any dust in there preventing the contacts from connecting?
  4. Satasonic

Satasonic New Member

Tried with q tips, tried with a toothpick and a zillion other things and it didn't help. What's funny however is that my friend's galaxy 4 charger works, albeit slowly.
  5. Samsung Use i

Samsung Use i Well-Known Member

Then buy the s4 charger and if it does not work tell your friend to give you his and you'll give him the new one you bought.
  6. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

Since it works with a 2A charger I'm just wondering are you running a custom rom? There is another thread around here with someone having the same problem.
  7. Satasonic

Satasonic New Member

Now the galaxy 4 charger doesnt work. Bump!
  8. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Just read this in the Xperia forum ...
    "I got a large pin and scratched up the contacts inside the usb port on the phone until they were shining again and it's working 100%."

Harry