Is my Desire bricked?

Last Updated:

1. Nixot

Nixot Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I got my HTC Desire on Monday, it's a superb phone. I love it. Anyway, I connected it to my computer and synced some files using Windows Explorer (disk drive mode). I turned the phone off, unplugged the USB cord and attempted to turn the phone back on. However, when I did, instead of turning on, the phone vibrated seven times. After that, nothing happened. I tried turning the phone back on but to no avail. When I plugged the phone in to charge, no light appeared, orange or green. What the hell just happened? Can I fix my phone without having to return it?

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

eek, try putting it all back together, and sticking the mains charge in. Leave it overnight or something then see if it turns on. If not it sounds dead and take it back.

3. Nixot

Thanks for your response, but I fixed it by taking out the microSD card then turning it on, as per the suggestion of one obelisk79 on the IRC channel. It works now!

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Question, but why did you turn the phone off whilst still connected to the PC? Why not simply unplug it?

5. Nixot

I was rearranging my album art and I wanted the phone to notice the changes (some devices require that you restart for some things).

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

It will find it on it's own, without a restart ;)

7. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Have you tried phoning tech support?