1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

is my desire expired?

1. jibba_128

jibba_128 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

My desire has been playing up recently, ive tried reflashing a few different roms, no difference.

My problem is this, if i knock the phone a bit it either unlocks or the screen unlocks potentially leading to unlocking and browsing through the menu. I cant lock it using the power button, it takes about 5 minutes and then the menu comes up as though ive held the button down (lots of options such as screenshot etc). If i turn the phone off and take the battery out and put it back in, it automatically boots up as though the power button is pressed in.

Its almost as if the power button is dodgy but it feels ok to press, it comes up and such.

Advertisement
  2. jibba_128

jibba_128 Well-Known Member

is there any app that disables the power button to unlock phone setting?

Im running gingervillain 3.3
  3. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Moving to all things root seeing as this is a rooted phone, or does it stay here because it could be a general phone issue..

Hmm.

I'll move it anyway and if anyone has issues, pm me and I'll shift it back here.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

TBH I think it's a failing power button. Booting the moment you insert the battery is usually a symptom of that.