• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 dead?

RobbieRob

Lurker
Jun 30, 2016
Hello all, I am new here. Any help you guys can give, would be greatly appreciated. I have a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and it's currently stuck on the kindle fire logo when trying to boot. I tried getting into recovery mode, but it will not go into recovery mode. When I plug the kindle into a computer the kindle fires up, but never passes the kindle fire logo screen and the computer does not even detect the device at all. When I plug the kindle into an AC adapter it turns on as well, but still never advances past the kindle fire logo screen. If I turned off the kindle and just let it charge through the ac adapter, not a computer, the battery icon would show that it was charging but it would never advance past red. I thought I had a bad battery, so I have since replaced the battery. Unfortunately the kindle is still in the same state, it never goes past the kindle fire logo screen. But not when I have it on ac power, charge mode, the battery charge indicator does not come up at all. The kindle just tries to boot up and gets stuck at the logo. I was hoping that my computer would detect the kindle so I can try to wipe it out and recover it from scratch and overwrite the kindle rom, but the computer will not detect the kindle at all. Is my kindle charge port bad perhaps? Or maybe the system board is done? Is this even worth fixing? Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones