Is my phone bricked? I have clockwork recovery.Support

Last Updated:

1. automatism

automatism New Member This Topic's Starter

I was using OMJ 2.2 FROYO and everything was fine. Then i saw there was a newer version. I tried both the odexed and deodexed and neither worked. Some kind of error with the BOOT. When the phone restarted, the 4G and WIFI didn't work.

I then tried restoring the phone to a previous configuration using a backup made with the ROM manager. This brought the phone to 2.1.

I then tried the OMJ update and it didn't work.

Now the phone starts up but the screen doesn't respond. I can't unlock the screen at all. In fact, it keeps occasionally rebooting and going through that sprint theme song starting up which is really annoying.

Clockwork recovery is on this because I ran unrevoked on it before using ROM manager to root the phone.

How do I make this phone usable again? What do I need to wipe and reflash from windows?

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Stop using ROM Manager to perform flashing tasks. You should make it a habit of booting into your recovery image, and doing things from there. Let's make sure your recovery image is good. Power off the phone. Wait 30 secs. Then, hold the power button and the vol-down button together until the white bootloader screen appears. Use the vol-down button to select RECOVERY. Press power button to select it.

Now you should see the Evo splash screen. After that, you should be in clockworkmod recovery. If you can get here, you can fix your phone by flashing a known good rom. I recommend starting with a stock rom. The ROM zip file needs to be on your SD card. If it is, then you can navigate the menus of the recovery image to flash zip file from SD card.