is my phone bricked or not?

Last Updated:

1. bbe1367

bbe1367 Member This Topic's Starter

so i tried to flash stock vibrant....and something went wrong..and now my phone screen just says Vibrant and Samsung (what comes up when you start the phone) and just stays stuck there..ive heard bricked phones are completely black, any advice on what this is and where and what to search for to fix?

Advertisement
  2. djquick

djquick Well-Known Member

Dude, you really didn't have to start another thread. I replied to your last post on your original thread.

3. bbe1367

bbe1367 Member This Topic's Starter

i mustve done this by mistake?

4. rhymestars

rhymestars New Member

I have learned that it is very hard to ruin your phone even if you disconnect during a instal through odin. After you mess it up you may have to get to the down load mode in a different way depending on the rom you are flashing. Try holding just the volume up and power, or just the volume down and power. Try holding it through the boot screen, or try letting go of the power as soon as the vibrant logo dissapears. Once you get to download mode you are golden. Simply reconnect to odin and flash the rom again or pick another rom. Of course you will have to recustomize your phone but that is a small price to pay when you can pick a custom rom to make your device better than your friends.

5. rhymestars

rhymestars New Member

i have only been messing with roms for a week. I am a complete amature. at first i thought i ruined my phone and had no idea how to fix it. I searched every forum and post untill i learned how to do it. In odin. sometimes it would pause on cache( something). If you dont see your progress bar moving then un plug and try again. Plus alot of roms can be flashed by just loading the pit file and the box right below it. no modem.

6. rhymestars

rhymestars New Member

if you are trying to get froyo you will need to set your pc to run sdk.. once you set everything to run adb through cmd you can restart the phone out of recovery to load the new rom. getting adb to work was the hardest for me only cause i have never done it before but the instructions on line are percise and they work with a little bit of time to double check and become familiar with the process.