Is My Phone Defective?Support

Last Updated:

1. zariman

zariman Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, new user, but I've been following the forum for a couple months now.

I received my phone yesterday and I've been playing with it for some time now. Everything seemed to run fine, great phone btw until I decided to test out its call quality (it is a phone afterall). I was shocked to find out that the incoming voice coming out of the ear piece sounded very muffled and tinny. My previous phone, Samsung Rogue, sounded much clearer and louder. Also, the person in the receiving end told me it picks up lot of the windy background noise, although I was in my room with low noise level.

75 percent of the time, the phone has hard time picking up the person's voice, to the point it's almost unusable. I use it on Ohio State campus area, and never had problem like this before.

Is my phone defective? (I would get a defective phone :/ )

Another question, I ordered the phone online; If I wanted to swap out with a different unit can I go into the store to do that, or do I have to do it through online?

Advertisement
  2. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

you CAN go to a store to get help. They will probably want you to reset your phone first to see if an app is causing the issue. I have had apps that mute my earpiece before.

3. JCasper

JCasper Member

I have the exact same issue sadly. I can barely hear with the volume all the way up. ill try to hard reset and test before I take it back to the store. I hope i dont need the insurance for something like this.

4. brettlewis

the one year warranty covers this. within the first 30 days they will give you a NEW ONE, but after that they will give a refurb. so get it fixed within the first 30.

5. JCasper

JCasper Member

Good news here. Reset to factory defaults and my incall volume is now much much better.

6. brettlewis

its was probably an app issue. test it out with one app at a time. it tedious and annoying but its the only way. maybe the comments on an app will say it breaks incredible (or similar htc phone with sense) speaker.

7. zariman

zariman Member This Topic's Starter

I just did a hard reset on my phone too and I do also notice improved volume. I don't know if it's still loud enough though...

8. brettlewis

if you feel something is still wrong, since I cant attest to your phone really, you can always bring it in and they can test it out or you can compare it to the store model or something.