is my phone infected?Support

Last Updated:

1. randomstu

randomstu Member

since this week i have found that my phone is answering calls by itself and sending text by itself. i have used multiple antivirus apps and nothing happened. i only get my stuff from the google play store. it is really annoying to find out some person is messing with me. anyone can recommend a really good antivirus that at least does something (i have tried lookout, zoner, avg, norton, and avast) is it malware i dont know it is just a pain. if you suggest resetting my phone, will i still be connected to my network(verizon) and what is the best photo and contact backup app out there? thanks!!!!!!

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

TheBritton likes this.
  3. randomstu

randomstu Member

4. randomstu

randomstu Member

i do have cinemark app. could i have turned cinemode on accident. the app never said cinemode was on and the text was "im at the cinema"
  5. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Uninstall Cinemark and see whether the strange behaviour stops.

My guess is this isn't a virus/trojan. Approximately 0% (rounded down) of strange behaviour that people think may be caused by a virus actually is.
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Search on your phone for apps that have the permission for sending SMS.
    Excluding the known good apps might show the bad one :)

It's easy to search when you use the free app Pocket Permissions for this job :)
    Launch the app and choose "Permissions" ... it'll list how many apps have which permissions and tap on 'Sending SMS' will list these apps.

Good luck :)