1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Is my phone killing my chargers?

1. ahowe07

ahowe07 New Member

The LG charger my phone came with lasted a few months, then my phone wouldn't charge on it. I bought a nokia charger on amazon and a motorola car charger as well. They both lasted several months, but now neither is charging my phone. Even hubby's HTC evo charger wouldn't charge it. I took it to the cricket store, lo and behold the lady is charging my phone with the store's charger. I get home and try the nokia charger on hubby's htc evo, wtf, it's working? Then I try it on mine, it isn't working. I plug his into his htc charger, it is working, so I plug it into mine, now it is charging! Then I plug mine into my nokia charger, wiggle it around, and it too is now working. I have been trying to get it to work for 2 days! Is my LG breaking chargers, or have I stumbled upon 3 unrealiable chargers in 6 months?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, ahowe07.

It does sound like your device charging port and/or charging cable are damaged or loose.

Let's see what others here in the Optimus M forum have to say. ;)
  3. ahowe07

ahowe07 New Member

I posted this in this forum as well as the android accessory forum, because this IS an android phone, and the charger IS an accessory, so I would appreciate my question be left in there so that I can get answers as there aren't many people in this forum.
  4. donmeca2020

donmeca2020 Well-Known Member

funniest thing, i had a charger from a previous phone that worked for a long while, then it died on me, a friend of mine gave me an actual optimus m charger worked for a few months and the same has happen. now im using my charger that came with the phone. its working im wondering if it'll die on me also in month or two.

what is the deal ??
  5. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

I was able to use,my charger for about a month and then it went out. I use my USB cable from my western digital USB drive and it works fine. I think lg just doesnt make good cables.
  6. douglasr007

douglasr007 Well-Known Member

My USB charger still works except the USB connection is loose so I have to have the cable hang down if the phone is on a flat surface in order for the phone to hold a charge.