• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is my phone still rooted?

hey there, i think the best way to tell if your device is still rooted is to look in your menu/applications for something called 'Superuser', if its in amongst the rest of your applcations then it is still rooted, if not then you need to root again. hope that helps!

Upvote 0
hey there, i think the best way to tell if your device is still rooted is to look in your menu/applications for something called 'Superuser', if its in amongst the rest of your applcations then it is still rooted, if not then you need to root again. hope that helps!

Yeah, noticed that 'Superuser' was still there after I did Factory Reset and put 2 and 2 together. Reinstalled z4root, but didn't unroot. Was just curious is all. Thanks for the help.

Yes, factory data reset loses root.

Just reinstall z4 and re root.

Needless to say, this person is ill-informed. LOL. And you call yourself a Guide?! LOL. J/K @Steven58 :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones