• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my S II bricked?

gimbo22

Lurker
Jul 24, 2013
Back when I updated to Ice Cream Sandwich,it started off fine,but then a month or 2 in my phone would go into some haywire like fits.It would restart,the menu and power buttons would trigger on their own before the phone would restart again.I havent download any apps in ages either,so I dont think the apps I have are the culprit.

So now I got fed up and downloaded Jelly Bean from the Samsung S 2 website.When I update the phone through my PC,it gets to 98% and stalls EVERYTIME.Ive left it like this for an hour and a half and it never budged from 98%.I cant restart the phone,it just gives me a message something like "an error as occurred,please restart kies and try again".All I am able to do it seems is try the update again,but it just stops at 98%.

Anyone know a solution? or is my phone now trash?

You can download the JB rom from this site and flash through Odin: [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710VMUB GB28 (GB28 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)
Good luck and let us know how you make out. :D
OB

Hey OverByter,thanks for the reply..

My phone is bricked to the point now where I get a solid blue light and my PC wont even recognize it when I plug it into the usb,lol.So I cant do much with it at this point.No hard reset,no recovery through kies or Odin..yeah,I think its done,haha..

It was my own fault though,should have thoroughly researched the process of phone updating before trying it.

thanks for offering the link though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones